Jonas Vu-sabido

Jonas+Vu-sabido

Evynn Moore, Capital High School Reporter

Who is Jonas Vu-sabido?

Jonas is someone I’ve had the privilege of interacting with here at capital high school, and even befriending. The first time I met Jonas was last year he transferred into a history of the americas class that I had. Right away just seeing how people were happy to see him and immediately the class got rowdy cracking jokes and being rowdy. I didn’t end up interacting with him much that year, but I left with a great first impression. 

This year as the school year went on I got to know him better. Jonas is someone who always has a smile on and just overall brightens everyone’s day. He planned this great event where eight or nine of us got together and went to TugBoat Annies. We all had a ton of fun, and a few of them including Jonas got a special burger that’s as large around as a pizza and they split that. Overall he planned a great event that everyone had a great time at. 

Jonas was involved in a few extracurricular activities. Some of those being Archery, Baseball, and Football. He said he also really enjoys his hobbies. Over covid when school was online one thing that he enjoyed was the time he had free to dedicate to his hobbies, but he still wished he could have interacted more with friends. Some events he enjoyed over the course of the year were lunch and dinner get-togethers, graduation parties, holiday parties, and other events with friends.

Covid affected Jonas in some good and bad ways just like the rest of us. One good thing was having more time to do the things that he wanted to do. However like many of us he struggled to find a good balance between work and freetime.  Once going back to regular school he struggled with periods of time in school where teachers would assign lots of work and now you’re swamped with tons of work you have to do all at the same time, you can imagine that it gets pretty depressing, and that’s something Jonas had to struggle through.

Jonas mentioned to mentors he had through high school that helped him. Those mentioned where his counselor Ms. Bensfield and Marcy Procter. Something he found easy and enjoyed during his time in high school was sneaking time to be on his phone when he wasn’t supposed to be and making friends throughout the years here. When asked what motivates him he said that the people around him, as well as working towards freetime to do hobbies motivates him through the day.

Overall Jonas is someone who makes friends everywhere he goes and supports his friends through tough times. When asked if there was anything he lives by he used a quote from a popular piece of fiction “I have no enemies’’. Jonas if you’re reading this I wish you the best and hope that you are successful in whatever you choose to do with your future.