Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Drew Ronning, Capital High School Writer

Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
By: Drew Ronning

Throughout history battles, deaths, and wars have persisted throughout all cultures, however, this specific battle has gone on for nearly 90 years with seemingly no end in sight.

This topic is commonly disregarded within our own culture as major news stations don’t report on it nearly enough. I’m the best person to write about this because not many others are.

At the very start of the fighting in 1948 the Haganah, a Jewish paramilitary organization took control over the city of Jaffa, dropping the population from over 70,000+ to only 4,000, immediately causing a major provoking of Palestine. Afterward, they declared a city-state known as “The State of Israel”. Afterward, the Israeli army continued through villages and killed many of the villagers throughout their campaign committing heinous acts and war crimes at their discretion. Throughout 1951 – 1964 Palestinian infiltrators started to attack and terrorize the Israelites throughout the years resulting in over 1,000 deaths, multiple of which would be civilians. Around the 1970s Egypt sided with the Palestinians and provided airforce and naval protection in which Israel launched attacks and destroyed many Egyptian forces. Throughout 1972 – 1973 the Palestinians launched heavy terrorist attacks to both kill Israelis and free Palestinians. In 1988 Palestine was forced to declare independence from Israel, officially no longer becoming a country. From 1991 up to now an agonizingly slow peace process was formed during which the sides have flopped as the Palestinians began to be heavily attacked by the Israeli terrorists that throughout the years have killed thousands of Palestinians and continue to commit war crimes to this day while the peace process slowly trudges on.

The purpose of this war is about the land, both sides; the Muslim Palestinians and the Jewish Israelis believe that the land that the Palestinians have is sacred and belongs to them, the Israelis had invaded and created a city-state, afterward taking over parts of Palestine killing innocents all-throughout caused the deaths of thousands of civilians eventually becoming a country on the ground that they took from the Palestinians.

The fact is that Israel took over parts of Palestine and spread until they could be a country and have continued to attack Palestine while politicians on their side purposefully slow down the process in hopes of still taking down Palestine, allowing for dozens of cruel unneeded deaths of the Palestinians, the U.S. is a staunch defender of Israel and does not respect Palestine as a country any longer, only allowing them to have a recognized body to represent them politically.

Palestine is a land that has been suffering from terrorism since the 90’s as Israel slowly drains life from Palestine while the U.S. stands by and watches.

Palestine is a land that has been brutally taken over throughout the past 80+ years eventually being pushed into no longer being a country as we sit by and watch even though the U.S. citizens have continued to wish for the support of Palestine as the land that they owned was stolen and murdered from them as Israel continues to stall for the continued death of Palestine.