Are You Skipping Breakfast?

Kendall Hooper, Writer

Breakfast is called the most important meal of the day and there is a good reason behind it. There are many reasons why you should consider breakfast. Why is it so beneficial? 

Research has shown that eating a balanced breakfast will promote good health, increase in physical production, better memory, and concentration. As students, we tend to skip the a.m meal. That’s a mistake. You need food in your system long before lunchtime. If you don’t replenish yourself and don’t eat first thing, you may get so hungry later on that causes you to snack, and this can cause your body to be always in a state of fluctuation. This article is aimed to show you the benefits of eating a healthy balanced breakfast and why it’s important to make the time.   

Breakfast provides your body and brain with fuel. Skipping breakfast can throw off your body’s rhythm of fasting and eating. Apart from providing and replenishing energy, the morning meal is rich with nutrients your body needs to function healthily each morning. According to The Daily Meal, nutrients such as “folate, iron, B vitamin, fiber, and other essentials are only gained through food, and while the body can always use its stored recesses to make it to the next meal, that initial burst of essentials is never provided without eating breakfast”. Reinforcing the idea that if you don’t eat breakfast, you aren’t likely to get all of the nutrients your body needs.

Why should you care? Well, research has shown that students who skip breakfast have a harder time focusing and become more tired in school, decreasing their productivity. According to WebMD, “one study showed that kids who ate breakfast had higher test scores than those who didn’t”. Showing that breakfast is beneficial for producing the best outcome when it comes to inside and outside of school.   

It can be difficult to find time to eat in the morning, especially if you have school or work, but establishing good breakfast habits can improve your day tenfold. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Think twice before skipping the a.m meal; there are benefits that could start your day off on the right note!

https://www.cookingclassy.com/blueberry-sour-cream-pancakes/