Local Bazaars

Items+purchases+from+local+bazaars.+

(Outlook/Haven Pink)

Items purchases from local bazaars.

Haven Pink, Writer

In Olympia alone there is eleven and that is in November alone. A Holiday Bazaar is a fundraising sale of goods, typically for charity or a large shop selling miscellaneous goods. Basically it’s like a small market or a collection of garage sales. Some of the more popular ones include Cousin’s Christmas Bazaar. Taking place November 26th 10am to 3pm. Black Lake Grange, 6200 Black Lake Blvd., Olympia. It will include lots of ideas for all-occasion gift-giving and decorating. Seahawk-themed items, jewelry, home decorating ideas, paintings and quilting, also there will be raffles. Proceeds benefit Children’s Hospital, and the charity bake sale will benefit South Sound low-income students. They will also be collecting slightly used warm socks, gloves and beanies for distribution to the homeless, by Hearts N Smiles.

Another popular bazaar would be Old English Christmas Faire. Taking place November 19th 9am to 3pm at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 114 20th Ave. SE, Olympia. It involves Fresh Christmas wreaths and greens, home-baked goods, handcrafted beeswax candles, crafts, jewelry, holiday gift items and artisan booths. Pub-style luncheon and fresh coffee and cider will be available.

Gull Harbor Arts and Crafts show is happening on November 5th 10am to 4:30pm and November 6th 11am to 4pm. It will be held at 5046 Boston Harbor Rd, Olympia.There will be more than 50 vendors offering handcrafted items in the historic Lake Lawrence Lodge. Free admission, free parking, hourly door-prize drawing. Snack bar available for breakfast and lunch. Vendor space is available.

Winter Wonderland is one of the most popular ones in Olympia. It will be held 9am to 4pm November 19th at Olympia First United Methodist Church, 1224 Legion Way SE. There will be Handcrafted Christmas decorations, home décor items, personal wear items, gift items and more. Gourmet food items, including soup mixes, jams, salad dressings, mustards, and 15 varieties of nuts. Homemade candy and all kinds of baked goods, including specialty breads. Customers choose their cookies and pay by the pound at the popular Cookie Walk. Specialty booths include Rada Cutlery, “Garden Booth,” with handcrafted outdoor décor, seeds, plant starts and more. We’ll have a silent auction where you can bid on theme baskets, one-of-a-kind treasures, and antique or vintage items. Also available will be wreaths crafted from fresh greens. Snacks and coffee will be available for purchase. Lunch available for purchase from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Olympia High School has a Bearzaar of their own. November 19th, 9am to 4pm at Olympia High School 1302 North Street. This is their 17th annual Bearzaar. They have over 160 vendors and an entire raffle hall. Each vendor donates one item to the raffle. Admission and parking is free. This year you can pay five dollars to enter at 8:15 instead of 9. They will also be accepting canned food for Thurston county food bank.

There are many Bazaars worth attending in the Olympia area. You never know you might find the perfect gift or decoration you’ve been searching for.