Ask Any Girl Interviews

(Outlook/Maddi McElroy)

The theatre hallway, lined with various quotes, is home to backstage doorways, the drama, and the workshop room.

Steven Nagle, Writer

Tatum Zimmerman

Tatum Zimmerman started her time on the stage when she auditioned for the Jungle Book in first grade. Got the role as a bee and enjoyed the whole time on stage and wanted to spread the smiles that she saw on the day of the performance to all who she could through the magic of theater. Zimmerman has the future plans to attend a college for the major of musical arts to continue with her plan to make people smile.

Zimmerman see all of the cast as well chosen, able to play their parts well. They seem promising to her that they will easily learn what is needed for the production. Tatum is the main character of the play known as Meg Wheeler. She is happy to get the main role in production, trying to do her best to be a great lead as its her first time leading a play. The script is styled in the form of a romantic comedy with all characters written with memorable idea.

Kristina Cummins

Who is Kristina Cummins? She is an English teacher and the Theater teacher of Capital High School. She started her love of theater in the third grade, when she was young the play and the people smiling gave her the love for the theater arts. She’s been direction her favorite plays, including Adam’s Family, Almost Main, and The Diary of Anne Frank. What Cummins sees for her future is more work and production with and while teaching, to bring more smiles to students and audience goers alike.

The role Cummins has in the production process is that of the Director, the person that make all artistic choices and is the final say in decisions. She has set the goals for the production as ones to teach. Her goals are to show what shallow love is and what true love could be in it’s true form. She sees the play is cute and funny production with the exploration into the way love works and how the people will deal with the pressure of marriage. The hardest part of the production is opening on the 20th of October, so the limited time frame puts strain on all of the people who put effort into the play because of the speed and need to have great cooperation.