Football Season Review

(Outlook/Caroline Street)

Steve Bellande, the Athletic Director at Capital High School, offers a review of the sports season.

Kyle Parker, Writer

At Capital High School we have a variety of season sports, and I had the chance to interview Steve Bellande the athletics director here at Capital. Not only is he our resident expert on CHS sports, overall, he’s been with us since 2006.

Cougar Football finished strong this season. Bellande explained what he appreciated seeing from this particular team this season, “What is exciting to see this season is the continuous improvement, as the team move into the playoffs.”  Going to the playoffs this season impacted his perspective on the future of Capital Football, “At Capital we have a fine tradition under Coach Johnson at playing in the postseason. Because of this tradition, I look forward to many more years of exciting football.”

Bellande explained that, “There really isn’t one particularly game, because I have seen phenomenal playing in multiple games.” He furthered this conversation by complimenting every player, “All our student athletes stand out to me. At Capital we have some of the most remarkable athletes anywhere.”

I was curious as to how the Cougars are preparing for the playoffs. Bellande explained,  “Knowing Coach Johnson, I would say they’re preparing like do for any game.” His last thoughts for the fall cougar athletes included, “There are lots of thoughts and memories from the season. I would first say great job to all our athletes this season. And thank you for the dedication and hard work.”

I then asked Bellande What he enjoys about Capital sports athletes overall? He then responded with “What I enjoy the most about Capital are the students. We are so fortunate to have incredible young men… I also feel so lucky to know and work with the best state I have ever worked with.”