Black Hills Invades Capital

(Outlook/Maddi McElroy)

Former Black Hills teachers Aaron Street and Brenda Grabski are new additions to the CHS staff.

Anthony Roman-Rosa, Writer

We are a tight community here at Capital High School. We don’t like seeing our teachers leave and we also want to welcome new teachers. To begin for 2016, CHS hired several new staff two of which will be introduced to you here.

Aaron Street is a new teacher in the English department. Prior to transferring over to CHS Mr. Street taught at Black Hills High School. When asked what is one challenge he faces at Capital he stated, “This place is a maze!”

He continued to explain how at Capital you can’t have a line of sight more than thirty feet before meeting a wall. Mr. Street has quite a few likes about Capital just within the first weeks. He likes how the students seem honest and engaged, teachers support each other, and students seem to have high energy to learn. He stated how much he liked the pep assembly earlier this month, “The pep assembly we had, I have never been to one like this one. The students were involved, the teachers were involved and there was a lot of school spirit.” Mr. Street gave a strong answer when asked to describe CHS in one word, “Engaged.”

Mr. Street had one statement to make in regards to staff at CHS, “Ms. Street is a fairly good teacher.” He had one important comment to make in regards to administration and staff here at CHS, “A great team. They were very supportive of him and other staff.” So far, he has had positive interactions with students, “Students seem ready to [learn].”

Brenda Grabski, the second new staff we mentioned, is the new Marketing Teacher at CHS. Prior to transferring to CHS Grabski taught at Black Hills High School. When asked what she enjoys about Capital she stated “The Students. They don’t have discipline issues, they work well and are determined.”

Grabski continued to add that she enjoyed the recent pep assembly. “I think this school is very spirited. Everyone was so energetic at the pep assembly. Especially the students.” When asked about any challenges at CHS she replied, “The halls, they’re confusing, there’s pod A to pod G. Where the heck is pod E?! It’s difficult to get around.”

Grabski had one important comment to make about the staff and administration here at CHS, “Very friendly and welcoming.” Her experiences so far here at Capital with students were described as, “They are very engaged, no disciplinary problems. They’re great to teach.”